Sunday 2 December 2012

Week Eight

Today I woke up early and had a shower. I went  to work at 8:50 and met Alanna , Eilise , Daina and Roisin and we went into the school.
      We waited in the corridor  for the bell to ring for us to go to the classrooms while we  talked about school. We said 'good morning' and helped Mrs. Walton with her bags.I went into the classroom and helped the girls settle down and take off / hang up their coats. They all sat down in their seats and Mrs.Meleady explained to me what I was going to do for the day.

           At the start of the day I had to cut up numerous shapes out of different pieces of fabric. This week the girls read 'The Elf and The Shoemaker'. I was the shoemaker and they were my elves. I grabbed colourful unique pieces out of the box and began cutting them in all shapes and sizes. I had to take each girl one at a time and help them stick the colourful fabric onto the shoes. When the collage was finished I painted the inside and under the shoe. They looked really good in the end and I hung them up in the classroom.   I also made an art display board showing their creative shoes they each designed.

          Mrs. Burke was being examined the next day to see how her teaching practice was coming along so I decided to help her decorate the room with all the art she did with the girls.I organised the display board and had to thumbtack pictures of words and sounds from 'Jolly Phonics' onto the board.

         When the girls went home at 1:50 I filed all their worksheets and pictures away from the previous week.

No comments:

Post a Comment