Wednesday 14 November 2012

Today I got up and had a shower. I set off to work at 8:40 and met Alanna and we went into the school.

      The principal met me in the corridor and explained to me that there was another teacher in the classroom I was working in doing teaching practise . She didn't want me to go to waste ,so,  if the teacher didn't need me I was going to have to change rooms. Luckily she needed my help and I was aloud to stay with the girls. Although it has only been 6 weeks I have grown to love the girls , they're so cute and kind. I have a sort of bond with all the girls now and get on well with them. 

       At the start of the day I put their pictures into folders for Mrs.B. I then began to make a time line for them out of pictures of themselves over the years, ribbon and card. They turned out really pretty in the end. This took a long time and it was now break time. We went to the staff room ( Eilise , Alanna , Daina, Roisin and I) and made hot chocolate and ate biscuits , was so nice! After break I cut up pictures and words for Mrs.C and then did two other art activities with the class.

        Firstly we did marble art. We got baking trays , filled them with water and played drops of marble ink into them. I mixed them and then helped the girls dip their umbrella drawings into the top of the water. They turned out amazing! While some girls were doing this the other girls were colouring in blank sheets of paper with crayon and then black water painting them, to show that crayon is waterproof!

       When the girls went home at 1:50 I then paired all their pencils , sorted out folder and stuck their timeline's and pictures up. I thought today was a really fun day because I enjoy doing art with the girls.




           
            


No comments:

Post a Comment