Wednesday 5 December 2012

Work Experience Finale!


Today was the day I was dreading the most of the ten weeks! The final day. I didn't want to go to school today because I knew it was the last day. I have grown so attached to the girls I didn't want to leave at all! I went into school and we gave Mrs.P a thank you present on behalf of Daina , Eilise , Alanna , Roisin and I. She was extremely thankful and talked to us about our experiences throughout the placement.

             I went into my class and gave Mrs.M a thank you present for allowing me stay in her class for 10 weeks!. She was ever so grateful.
             Today we were going to make ornaments for our Christmas trees. I had to roll out clay into pieces for each girl. They each made a snowman and bell, then made a hole in the top of them so that they could hang them on their trees. Next week they are going to paint and decorate them.


          
  Mrs.B brought in a gerbil today because the girls were learning about animals! While the class admired the gerbil I continued making the ornaments with them. We always made hedgehogs out of clay!



            After break I planted daffodils with the girls who were absent the last week. I then paired there pencils , stuck their names on their desks and cleaned up whilst they practised their Christmas play. 

            At the end of the day Mrs.M thanked me for all my hard work and gave me a present on behalf of the class. I was so thankful for this and gave each girl a hug. I gave the girls some sweets with permission from Mrs.M and they were all happy campers! I hated how fast the 10 weeks went and wanted to stay forever! I said my goodbyes and the girls went home. 


           Afterwards Mrs.M said I could leave and said she would have been lost without me I thanked her again for everything and went to the staff room. Here some of the other staff talked to us about our experience there and if they turned us off primary teaching completely! In fact it did the opposite! I know for sure this is what I want to be now! I was so upset leaving today!

No comments:

Post a Comment