Sunday 2 December 2012

Week Nine

I set off for work at 9 this morning and said hello to the girls in the yard. I walked into the corridor and waited for the bell. Daina Roisin Alanna and Eilise followed shortly after me. We greeted the teachers and students. The girls came in earlier than usual today because it was too cold and icy outside. I went into the classroom and helped the girls settle down and take off / hang up their coats. They all sat down and talked until Mrs.M came in and told us what was going to happen that day.

           She asked me to go out to her car and get the bulbs , soil and plant pots. Today we were going to plant daffodils. This was a very messy job! I brought the girls to the art table in pairs and planted the bulbs with them , When we were finished we put them at the back of the classroom , on the windowsill. 
          After we planted the flowers , I was given a 'tricky word' sheet I had to test them on.While Mrs.B and Mrs.M were teaching I took one girl at a time and had to go through the words with them and tick off the ones they knew. I also had to test them on their letters and sounds. Their parent teacher meeting are next Wednesday so I helped to set up their sheets in polly pockets.

    At the end of the day when they were gone home I had to cut out a lot of words with a slicer. I don't want next week to come because it will be my last day! I don't want to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment